Traffic Safety and Improved Mobility
- Safety on our roadways is one of my top priorities.
- As the population of Precinct 4 continues to grow, we have seen an increase of traffic accidents and congestion problems.
- As your Constable, I will implement programs that will aid in traffic mobility within the precinct to aid with traffic congestion, hazards and incidents on the roadways.
Improved Community based policing and Pro-Active Patrol
- As your Constable, I will implement innovative and progressive law enforcement strategies
- As your Constable, I will be a Constable that is easily accessible to the community and employees and will maintain a high degree of organizational professionalism.
- As your Constable, I will enhance police responses to children exposed to violence in schools and at home
- As your Constable, I will develop a vacation watch program
- As your Constable, I will offer free law enforcement presence at special events, such as church services and festivals.
Building trust and legitimacy
- Building trust and nurturing legitimacy on both sides of the police/citizen divide is the foundational principle underlying the nature of relations between law enforcement and the communities we serve
- As your constable I will embrace a guardian rather than a warrior mindset to build trust and legitimacy both within the agency and with the public.
- As your Constable, I will establish a culture of transparency and accountability to build public trust and legitimacy.
- As your Constable, I will strive to create a workforce that encompasses a broad range of diversity including race, gender, language, life experience, and cultural background to improve understanding and effectiveness in dealing with all communities.
Technology and Social Media
- As your Constable, I will implement new technologies that can help with an opportunity to fully engage and educate communities in a dialogue about their expectations for transparency, accountability, and privacy.
- As your Constable, I will implement an easy to use app where the community can request for assistance and obtain information happening around the community.
Training and Education
- As your Constable I will ensure my deputies are properly trained so they can properly serve the community.
- As your Constable, I will ensure my deputies receive extensive crisis intervention training which prepares them to deal with individuals in crisis and dealing with mental disabilities.
- As your Constable I will ensure my deputies receive training in effective social interactions and more tactical training to combat domestic terrorism and active shooter situations.
- As your Constable I will ensure my deputies receive better training in handling domestic violence and provide more resources for the victim and their families
Officer Safety and Wellness
- The wellness and safety of law enforcement officers is critical not only for the officers, their colleagues, and their agencies but also to public safety.
- As your Constable, I will ensure all the deputies receive yearly wellness exams
- As your Constable, I will ensure all the deputies are provided with any assistance they may need when going through a crisis.
- As your Constable, I will utilize the number of Reserve Deputies that volunteer hours patrolling the community while saving hundreds of thousands tax payers dollars.